Dear Alma (f.e.a.r) [hw] Dear Alma (f.e.a.r) [hw]

Wow man!
I thought you really wanted us to skip the most important part of your job! :)
Nice intro in fact, with a gloomy atmosphere and all.
Then comes the second part, your melodies seem fine, taking back a bit of the atmosphere of the intro.
But when I think it's a little too messy in the end... There are the strings coming, and then horns and it get tangled with the rest.
Also I would work on the sounds differently, your mix is too shy! And it seems you've got a huge compression on the master channel, because everything seems flattened.
Sorry if I sound a bit severe, it's just that I'm French, and sometimes I don't realize what I'm saying in English! ^^
Anyway, great job on the structure and the melodies, but try to clean it up make it sound clearer!

Hellwreckage responds:

Thank you for the review! Im gonna look up the master channel! And i hate when people skip the intro, just that not everyone are as patient as you.

Cudos to you sir, cudos!

zombie build up (wip) zombie build up (wip)

Hi!
So as you said, there's a lots of mixdown to do! But still this is a good idea! I like the melodies in the background, it sounds like Iron Maiden, but we don't really hear them...
It sounds like a great epic intro, but it misses another part! Perhaps adding drums would effectively modify the ensemble! I can't wait to hear it finished!
Oh and just one thing, I think you should record the bending guitar with a more accurate sound... Adding some distortion, a bit of reverb and cut low frequencies should do the trick! ;)
(P.S: please forgive my stumbling English... :3 )

Clarinet-Harp-Lullaby Clarinet-Harp-Lullaby

Hi! Veeeery nice melodies! I love it!
You say you won't do anything with it?
On which program do you compose? And if I ask you very politely, will you allow me to continue it and send it to you? Just to have fun! :D

magnificat12 responds:

Thanks! I'll probably never touch it again, but I'd love to hear your take on it! Go right ahead and see what you can do. :D

I composed this in FL Studio using instruments from EWQLSO. Have fun!

Halindir - Elenwë Halindir - Elenwë

Hi!
It's a nice theme you got here!
Melodies are just fine, to me you should just look at the way you mixed your instruments... There is too much low medium frequencies in your spectre (sorry again if the words don't fit... I'm just a french guy trying to speak and write English correctly...). You should lower a bit these frequencies on your horns section, on your timpani hits and perhaps on the strings section too. It should clarify the ensemble!
Anyway, nice job on the melodies! Harmonies are original, they sound unusual but not wrong!

Sanctuary Sanctuary

Wow... Very soothing piece (I don't know if it's correct English but "soothing" seems to be the right word to qualify this!)
I wish this track were longer! I really imagine like a lyrical lift of cellos in the end, just to come back to your soft loop...
Will you continue it? :)
In any case, very good job!

BlazingDragon responds:

Soothing is a good word to describe this. Your English is better than that of many people in the U.S. actually. At least in writing. :)

I don't think I'll ever add more to this track. I wanted to make a track that would serve as good background/looping music in a game. Perhaps it could be used on a menu on a game or sad seen between characters? I think making it longer and more complex might take away from the simplicity that makes it lovely. If I were to turn it into a stand alone piece rather than a loop, I'd love to add a solo cello melody where this comes to an end. Then I could introduce a whole string section and some light woodwinds passing the melody back and forth. That would be nice. :)

If you want to continue it, you can! Thank you for reviewing. :D

Anti Headache Anti Headache

Sounds great!
Very good job on the sounds, except a little detail on the bass at 0:30, there's just a frequency disturbing my hears, but I think you left it that way because you wanted to!
However, to me, it misses a different part to break the structure! Perhaps you should add one part with a sort beat solo or something...
NIcely done anyway!

Brass And Wood Brass And Wood

Nice song! I really can hear the continuation of it!
It sounds cool but I think you should like "humanize" your instruments...
The bass for example is too linear, it misses "croches" and "double croches" (sorry I'm French and I don't know how it's called in English...).
However, nice work you did!

Romwell responds:

Thank you! I'll add more swing to the bass next time I do something like this (or if I figure out how to continue :)

The Horrors of War -- VD The Horrors of War -- VD

Hey! Your voice looks a bit like Egoraptor's voice! :D
To me, if you could just cut the the frequencies at 50hz and lower a bit the Lowmid frequencies, it should be aaaalright!

What a Rockin' Day! What a Rockin' Day!

Hehe!
Funny loop in fact! But the sound is pretty awefully compressed...
It sounds like Californian rock, and it should fit pretty well in a funny game, you're right!
Just try to settle the compressor and saturation problem and it should be better!

Jack The Conjurer Jack The Conjurer

Wow! Real nice riff!
You have a great, beating sound, I like it!
I love the guitar parts too! Nice vocals, but perhaps you should have set it a bit more back...
Amazing voice however! :)